Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Labor (day) of Love


Labor Day Weekend is notorious for cookouts! And there is nothing like a good slab of meat on the grill.
 my favorite is grilled thighs - skin on of course!!

I’ve been to my fair share of backyard BBQ’s and have leaned that the fine art of grilling is not a skill that can be taken for granted! I also know there is a big difference between charcoal grilling and gas grilling that amounts to more than just taste. I won’t for a minute pretend to know what I’m doing behind the spatula and tongs – I’m a better fire starter than a grill master…. I’ll leave that to the professionals … (enter Bobby Flay stage left…. ) Grill It with Bobby Lessons - click here!

I’m fortunate enough to have a master griller at home, one who is more than happy to fire up the pit and cook up a DE-lish meal .... I’ll be thinking of you all this weekend while I’m eating my succulent BBQ chicken and noshing on my all American potato salad … yum!
 Grill Master Greg - the boy can work those tongs! (click pix to enlarge - back arrow to return)

May your Labor Day weekend be minus the labor and served up with some outdoor cooking, frosty libations,  fun, sun and lots of R & R! 
don't forget - wine goes great with meat!  (click pix to enlarge - back arrow to return)

No comments:

Post a Comment