Monday, September 5, 2011

Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!

Don’t you love it when you finally remember to go to that joint that you love to eat at, but always forget to go to when you’re in the mood to eat out and then one day you remember that joint and finally eat there again … and aren't you happy you did?
 (click to enlarge- back arrow to return)
The BF took me to a movie (Apollo 18 – yuck, don’t bother, it was awful!) anyway…
I suggest we hit the Cajun Café on the Bayou, known for authentic Cajun and Louisiana Cuisine. I’m so glad we did! It was the BF’s first time.
Greg scolding me for playing my iPhone , signs posted all around the joint saying "no cell phones please" - but I was only taking pictures!!

It was one of those unusual lower humidity days in Florida and we opted to sit on the back porch overlooking the bayou and a big sign that said,  Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler! which means Let the Good Times Roll! 
(click to enlarge- back arrow to return)
Greg enjoyed perusing the overwhelming list of craft ales. Since I’m not a beer drinker, I just enjoyed the fun names and cool beer labels posted on the wall!

(click to enlarge- back arrow to return)
Greg ordered crawfish étouffée, I snuck a bite and it was incredible! Like most of the food a the Cajun Café, it had a decent kick to it. Cleared out Greg’s sinuses!

(click to enlarge- back arrow to return)
I ordered a gator burger…. that’s right , made with REAL gator meat. They liken the flavor to lean pork and I’d have to say that is a good description. I loved it. Our waiter, Stuart, said that the gator burger and the crab wrap are two of the most popular sandwiches. 
(click to enlarge- back arrow to return)
The thing was a big as my head. I order it somewhat blackened and later added their incredible home made BBQ sauce - plus a side of dirty rice.
Now, one cannot leave the café without ordering the infamous bread pudding for dessert! I consider myself a bread pudding connoisseur, and this is hands down the BEST BP EVVV-AHH
(click to enlarge- back arrow to return)
Imagine real French bread from a French bakery, swimming, no wait... drowning in whiskey-butter sauce and then topped with vanilla cream served in a huge cereal bowl! 
 Yep - it was THAT GOOD! (click to enlarge- back arrow to return)

The Cajun Café is well worth remembering! Hit them up for lunch or dinner sometime! Note: they are closed on Monday and Tuesday. 
www.cajuncafeonthebayou.com


  the joy of living ~ joie de vivre

No comments:

Post a Comment